학교 생활

학교소개 보기학교소개보기 +

Saint Paul American School System 국제학교로서, 북경 사범대학제2부속중학과 교사 및 학점 교류제를 상호적용해 설립한 국제학교

입학절차 및 자격보기 +

현 중학교 재학중인 학생
중학교 졸업(졸업예정) 또는 동등이상의 학력을 인정 받은 학생

공지사항

공지사항

2020-21학년도 P2P, Honors, 스케줄 조정 관련 교장선생님 서신

페이지 정보

작성자 SPAS 작성일21-07-12 15:30 조회7,177회

첨부파일

본문

북경 세인트폴 학부모님께,
안녕하십니까.

북경 세인트폴 행정실입니다.
Peer-to-Peer Tutoring 프로그램, Honors 프로그램, 월요일부터 조정되는 온라인 수업 스케줄 등에 대한 교장 선생님의 서신을 전달드립니다.

Dear Parents,  

I hope that you are all safe and healthy.  As I mentioned in my previous letter, it is important to stay diligent and safe this season now that flu season has begun in earnest.  

Today, I am writing to you about some of the steps the school will be taking in reinforcing our school structure amidst an unprecedented school year.  First, I am pleased to announce that Dr. Hill is once again leading our Peer-to-Peer Tutoring program once again.  This has become a staple of our school and a boost in opportunities for your students to succeed.  Your students can begin to sign up right away for online tutoring. 

Saint Paul American School is still focused on establishing the traditional staples of an American-based education system, even in the face of our current pandemic conditions.  In maintaining that focus, some of the obstacles we have identified this year even effect our Honors program.  With our students spread all over the world, we have approached Honors with mindfulness on accessibility and availability, and we have constructed a unique approach to a unique situation by using models found in American colleges for independent study. 

This year, Honors students will still be selected from the top 20% of their class in each subject, the same as our normal selection process for Honors.  However, instead of having a full year-long class, we will assign each of these selected students an independent assignment in order to evaluate acknowledge their abilities to work at the Honors level.  By satisfying the criteria of this independent assignment, students will be able to showcase their abilities, no matter if they are in the classroom or online and have the Honors benefits on their transcripts.  This approach will make this program more accessible to students who may not have ever had a chance to be a part of the Honors program before. 

I am also pleased to report that our Multi-Tiered Support System has already begun to bloom for both our online and classroom programs.  MTSS is an integral part of putting your students, both struggling and gifted, into the forefront of conversation in our weekly teacher meetings.  Teachers, together, contribute to the identification and solution-based discussion for your students in need.  Through this discussion, students can be referred to P2P Tutoring, challenged with more rigorous assignments and tasks for those students who are gifted, or shared as a common responsibility for encouragement by all their shared teachers.  The goal of this is to put your students at the center of attention. 

Finally, I am pleased to announce a small change in the daily schedule for online learning.  You will notice that the day, largely, remains the same with the addition of a Homeroom on Fridays and an IPR (Independent Practice and Reassessment) period on Mondays with reduced length class time.  The Monday changes will help teachers reach your students for one-on-one advisement in ten-minute blocks of time.  The Friday addition of Homeroom will allow your students to check in, get to know one another better, and have a little fun on a Friday morning as a fresh start to the day. Overall, our goal is to make the program more enjoyable while reducing some of the screen time.  The change will take effect on Monday, November 23rd

Image preview

I am looking forward to communicating more with you over the semester about our growing program.  We have been faced with many difficulties this year, and an imperfect condition in which to start our program within a pandemic, but we have been strong together as students and staff and will continue to maintain the experience and academics we consistently deliver. 

Kind Regards, 

Image preview 

Gregory Aiello 

Principal
November 17th, 2020

학부모님들께

여러분 모두 안전하고 건강하시길 바랍니다. 이전 편지에서 언급했듯이 본격적인 독감 시즌이 시작된 지금, 부지런하고 안전하게 지내는 것이 중요합니다. 

오늘은 전례 없는 학년도 동안 학교 구조를 강화하기 위해 저희가 취할 몇 가지 조치에 대한 글을 보내 드립니다. 첫번째로, Dr. Hill이 저희 Peer-to Peer Tutoring 프로그램을 다시 이끌어주고 있음을 알려드릴 수 있어 기쁩니다. 이 프로그램은 저희 학교의 중요한 활동으로 자리잡고 학생들이 성공할 수 있는 기회를 늘렸습니다. 학생들은 온라인 과외 신청을 바로 시작할 수 있습니다. 

세인트 폴 미국 학교는 현재의 팬데믹 상황에도 불구하고 여전히 미국 교육 시스템의 전통적인 주요소들을 구축하는 데 집중하고 있습니다. 이 초점을 유지하는 데 있어, 올해 저희가 파악한 장애물들 중 일부는 Honors program에도 영향을 미치는 것으로 파악이 되었습니다. 저희 학생들이 전 세계에 퍼져 있는 가운데, 접근성과 가용성에 신경 쓰고, 미국 대학에서 볼 수 있는 독자적 학습 모델들을 활용하여 특별한 상황을 위한 특별한 방법의 Honors 접근 방법을 구축했습니다. 

이전과 동일하게 올해에도 각 과목에서 상위 20%의 학생들 중에서 Honors 학생들을 선발할 것입니다. 하지만 1년 동안 수업을 하는 대신, 선발된 학생들이 Honors level에서 일할 수 있는 능력 여부를 평가하기 위해 독립된 과제가 주어질 것입니다. 이 과제의 기준을 충족시킴으로써, 학생들은 수업 방식 (교실 또는 온라인)과 상관 없이 자신들의 능력을 보여줄 수 있고 성적표에 Honors 혜택을 받을 수 있게 될 것입니다. 이러한 접근방식을 통해 이전에 Honors 프로그램에 참여할 기회가 없었던 학생들이 이 프로그램에 더 쉽게 접근할 수 있게 될 것입니다. 

또한 저희 MTSS (Multi-Tiered Support System-다중 계층 지원 시스템)이 온라인과 교실에서 실행되기 시작하였습니다. MTSS에서는 매주 열리는 선생님들 과의 회의 중에 힘들어하고 재능 있는 학생들에 대해 대화를 나눕니다. 선생님들은 모두 함께 토론을 통해 어려움에 처한 학생들을 파악하고 솔루션을 찾는데 기여를 합니다. 토론을 통해 학생들은 P2P 과외 프로그램으로 안내를 받아, 재능이 있는 학생들은 더 어려운 숙제와 과제에 도전할 수 있습니다. 또는 토론을 통해 학생의 여러 선생님들이 격려의 중요성을 모두 같이 공유될 수도 있습니다. 이것의 목표는 학생들을 관심의 중심에 놓기위함입니다. 

마지막으로, 온라인수업 시간표에 작은 변화가 있을 것 입니다. 금요일의 Homeroom시간과 월요일의 IPR (독립된 연습 및 재평가) 시간이 추가되어 수업 시간이 단축된 것 외에는 이전과 같음이 보이실 겁니다. 월요일의 변화는 선생님들이 10분씩 학생들에게 일대일 조언을 하며 다가가는데 도움이 될 것 입니다. 금요일에 추가된 Homeroom은 학생들이 체크인을 한 후, 서로를 더 잘 알게 되고, 금요일 아침을 재미있게 시작하며 하루를 새롭게 시작하는데 도움이 될 것입니다. 전반적으로 컴퓨터 화면에 노출된 시간을 줄이면서 프로그램을 더욱더 즐겁게 만드는 것이 목표입니다. 변경된 시간표는 11월 23일 월요일부터 시행됩니다.

Image preview  

이번 학기 동안 저희의 발전하는 프로그램에 대한 더 많은 소통을 기대합니다. 올해 많은 어려움과 팬데믹 속에서 프로그램을 시작해야만 하는 불완전한 조건을 직면해 왔습니다. 하지만 저희 학생들과 교직원들은 모두 함께 강해져 왔으며, 저희는 지속적으로 전달해왔던 경험과 학업을 계속 유지할 것입니다.

Image preview  

Gregory Aiello 교장 

11월 17일 2020년